6 conflicting feelings which are normal in times of stress.
We might feel joy one moment, and then crushing sadness the next.
Angry at our situation, and then guilty for taking things for granted. If you’re swimming in a sea that keeps bringing waves of different feelings, I’ve rounded up six of the common ones to tell you it’s OK, to not be OK.
Our brains are already working overdrive, trying to process and balance the stresses in our daily lives.
It’s important to try and tap into a self-care routine that gives you daily respite from the noise. When you truly relax, you can reassess how you can make small changes to help work through lifes challenges with a healthy state of mind.
Feeling stressed, anxious, worried, frustrated, or helpless can happen at any time.
Here is an example of how I have helped someone managing stress through balancing their conflicting emotions.
A busy successful professional female who would put work before herself.
She would sit for long periods of time, would skip breakfast and grab a meal deal for lunch. Snacking on chocolate and sweets to give her the energy to get through her workload.
Overwhelmed with where to start, feeling fed up with failed fad diets, she knew she had to do something to get her confidence back and put her self as a priority. She was heading for a burn out.
This client tried everything, felt demotivated, stuck and reached out for help.
- High-stress levels
- Lack of sleep & Low energy
- Not knowing where to start with exercise
- Fuelled by sandwiches, cakes, chocolate, and sweets
- Disorganised with food
- Not eating for long periods of time
- Felt clothes were tight and uncomfortable, not fitting into last years clothes
- Leading to feeling unconfident and low mood. Frustrated with her fat loss efforts.
To then getting started with a health and fitness reigime coached by me.
This lady now.
- Exercises 3 times a week.
- Gets her workout done early before work, setting her up for the day.
- Organises her food, prepped for the week ahead ready to grab and go.
- Has a structure & routine.
- Uses exercise as a stress release lifting her mood.
- Is more productive at work.
- Gets friends involved with her journey with walks and hikes.
- Has more energy.
Now feeling more confident, and better than ever. Inspiring others and keeping up her healthy choices, habits, and routine.
I’m incredibly proud of my client and her long term results.
If you can relate and would like to transform your mind and body in 2021 and never have to go on another diet again, Send me a message with what you’re currently struggling with and we can have a chat.